For people diagnosed with Bipolar, mood stabilization is properly the hardest symptom to manage. An important part here is played by the neurotransmitters in the brain, that exist to regulate feelings, moods, behaviors, and so on. However, all this needs to be BALANCED. Any fluctuation can potentially lead to a number of mood disorders, including Bipolar disorder.
Over the last few years, more and more people are using CBD to help manage symptoms like anxiety and depression better. That poses a relevant question: Can CBD help with Bipolar disorder? After all, the endocannabinoid system (ECS) is key behind the functioning of our brain receptors, so it can be closely linked with mood disorders.
ECS is responsible for managing:
- Mood processing
- Sleep cycles
- Stress response
Bipolar disorder is a mood disorder that can cause a number of issues and have a negative impact on the person and people around.
Bipolar disorder has a typical starting age of 25 years (National Institute of Mental Health), however, it can begin as early as childhood or as late as the 1940s and 1950s.
As per research, there are 2 types of episodes: mania/hypomania and depressive.
The symptoms of mania include:
- Abnormally jumpy
- Increased energy levels
- Low need for sleep
- Racing thoughts
- Poor decisions
On the other hand, the symptoms of a depressive episode include:
- Depressed mood
- Decreased interest and pleasure
- Insomnia or sleeping too much
- Loss of energy
- Decreased ability to work
- Suicidal thoughts
In this article, we will explore how CBD can help people manage their Bipolar disorder better. Read on:
Bipolar disorder and CBD:
According to a 2018 study, CBD may have anti-stress effects. It is also known to help with depression and anxiety. Another 2010 study from the Psychological Medicine journal mentioned that cannabis can aid in improving cognitive functioning when it comes to mental disorders. CBD has anxiolytic and antidepressant-like properties that can help with the management of panic disorder, general anxiety, PTSD, and more.
CBD can be used as a natural antidepressant for positive effects. It can interact with serotonin receptors and regulate the overall mood of the individual. This can then improve sleep and reduce the occurrence of depressive episodes in Bipolar individuals.
Another positive impact of CBD is on stress. It is one of the best natural stress relievers. Proper stress management is key for Bipolar people. CBD oil can support the ECS system (as mentioned above) and regulate stress responses.
Typically, people worry that CBD might have addictive properties. However, it does not. Cannabis compounds are safe for human consumption and do not give you the feeling of being ‘high’.
Benefits of CBD for Bipolar include:
- CBD is a neuroprotectant that reduces oxidative stress
- It also helps in developing healthy stress responses
- CBD has anti-inflammatory properties that promote the balance of neurotransmitters
- There is no scope of addiction
- It is non-intoxicating
There are plenty of brands in the market that deal in CBD products, however, not all of them are legitimate. It is also likely that they cause more damage. Hence it becomes absolutely necessary to rely on dependable brands. We did thorough research and one brand that you can depend on is Cibadol. It also offers different types of CBD products that are produced organically and you can choose one depending on your preferences. Let’s check them out:
- CBD Topicals: Topical CBDs at Cibadol are produced with the best botanicals and skincare ingredients. It includes salves and gels. Some products you can use are Cibadol Full-Spectrum Muscle Gel Roll On, Cibadol Zero – CBD Salve Extra Strength, and so on.
- Broad-Spectrum CBD: Every compound that you can find in the cannabis plant is included in this! It also has terpenes which can be useful for anxiety, fungal infection, pain, and other issues. Some products include Cibadol ZERO – Broad-Spectrum Sleep Tincture, Broad-Spectrum Mint CBD Tincture, Broad-Spectrum CBD Softgels, and so on.
- CBD Isolate: CBD Isolate is versatile when it comes to consumption and using the pure powder of CBD has a plethora of benefits. You can also measure the doses properly. Just pop into your mouth and enjoy! We highly recommend their CBD gummies and CBD Fizzy tablets.
- CBD Tincture: All you need to do is add a drop to your routine for maximum effects! You can place a few drops under your tongue and then swallow it after a while. You can opt for Cibadol Full-Spectrum CBD Tinctures, Cibadol ZERO – THC Free CBD Tinctures, or Cibadol ZERO – Broad-Spectrum Sleep Tinctures.
If you want to use CBD for your Bipolar disorder, we suggest that you consult with your doctor first. There are also some self-care strategies you can incorporate into your lifestyle to deal with your disorder. Bipolar disorder is a serious condition that can affect the day-to-day living of a person. It is also difficult to treat and can have long-term issues. It is only obvious that the world is now turning to natural remedies for Bipolar disorders instead of depending on conventional treatments.
We hope you feel better!