Diarrhea manifests when a person witnesses loose or watery stools, happening at least three times daily. Though it is generally short-lived, almost 5 percent of Americans undergo chronic diarrhea, a diarrhea subtype that can continue for several weeks.
Loperamide is among the most popularly recommended anti-diarrheal drugs to manage severe symptoms and lower the interval of bowel movements. Nevertheless, these drugs can activate specific medical conditions, possibly making them worse following consumption.
Usage of CBD For diarrhea (cannabidiol) is considered a potential treatment because the chemical compound influences the body. Various studies display that CBD could relieve diarrhea symptoms, like gut inflammation, hypermotility, and abdominal pain.
However, direct evidence is lacking assuring that CBD for diarrhea as a majority of its studies on digestive tract ailments was done on animals.
Why People Are Turning To CBD For Diarrhea
Chronic diarrhea may result from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Other symptoms connected with diarrhea include fever, blood in the stool, abdominal pain, uncontrollable bowel movements, and bloating. A person should seek a doctor’s aid if their diarrhea continues beyond some days or if they feel severe pain and dehydration.
Different conditions can cause diarrhea. Lactose intolerance, viruses, digestive disorders, such as Crohn’s disease, and bacteria comprise some factors that can cause it. Given the diversity of potential causes, treating and evaluating a diarrhea patient can be challenging. Cannabidiol, or CBD, provides a potential remedy for treating diarrhea patients. CBD comprises a phytocannabinoid obtained from the cannabis plant that may offer many therapeutic benefits.
Research on cannabidiol has focussed chiefly on its engagement with the endocannabinoid system since it is reported to modulate mental health, pain, and inflammation. The ECS constitutes a system responsible for various crucial bodily functions, like the central nervous system and the immune system.
- An encouraging sphere of CBD research concerns its impact on the digestive tract and how it may possibly help manage symptoms connected with different intestinal diseases. A study in 2017 stated that cannabinoids, such as CBD are accountable for relieving the symptoms of digestive ailments such as abdominal pain and diarrhea. The data of this study emerges from various surveys and tiny clinical studies in patients having inflammatory bowel disease.
- Further, the study mentioned that inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract (GI tract) may improve as cannabinoid levels rise within the body, and the ECS receptors are stimulated by agonists like CBD. This supposition follows research on mice, which hinted that cannabidiol restricts GI inflammation by regulating the inflammatory response and stimulation of specific cells.
- The anti-inflammation potential of CBD is also examined in another research on inflammatory bowel diseases. The study hinted that CBD might be a probable candidate for building a new class of drugs for different digestive tract disturbances.
- A few findings indicated that CBD might impact transit time, gastric emptying, gut contractions, and peristalsis. In addition, studies on mice displayed that CBD has a relaxant impact on the subjects by lowering hypermotility, or unusual digestive tract movement, which is frequently connected with diarrhea.
- Moreover, a study on human participants with IBD surmised that CBD might lower intestinal inflammation by engaging with the ECS. Therefore, this study was done to affirm CBD’s purported effects on GI inflammation in mice with like conditions.
Though these studies displayed promise for CBD as a possible therapy for gastrointestinal disturbances, like diarrhea, much of the data were acquired through tests involving rodents. Further studies are required to affirm if CBD’s therapeutic impact on the digestive tract can apply to human beings.
How CBD Oil Acts To Assist With Diarrhea
The ECS performs a critical role in handling various body functions like stress levels, inflammation, and immune response. The ECS achieves these entire functions by regulatory compounds it manufactures termed endocannabinoids.
Moreover, the ECS is also critical in keeping the gut wholesome and in good shape. Although scientists do not entirely understand how the ECS impacts the digestive process, they know it affects motility and inflammatory reactions crucial to the general health of the digestive tract.
The gastrointestinal tract comprises a complicated system of nerves and muscles that aid food traveling through it. Problems with these muscles and nerves can cause a rise in contractions or motility within the gut, resulting in digestive issues, such as diarrhea.
Research on rats having acute colitis showed that CBD, along with THC, decreased inflammation within the gut even reducing gut movement. Though the study was done on rodents, the outcome may suggest a possible therapeutic application for CBD in controlling the proper function of the digestive tract.
Anxiety and stress can also lead to symptoms frequently connected with irritable bowel syndrome. These indications may show in the shape of excess pain, gastric acid, and diarrhea.
As per a 2015 study, CBD comprises a potential therapy for anxiety ailments through its effect on the ECS.
CBD engages with the ECS by aiding modulate body hormones, like cortisol and serotonin. This interaction may cause a person to feel more relaxed and less likely to feel stress-associated gastrointestinal discomfort.
How To Use The Best CBD For Diarrhea
Cibadol has adopted vertical integration to attain top-quality CBD products at affordable prices. Their mission to offer the best CBD standards has led them the breed their genetics, grow their hemp crops, extract their CBD, and produce their goods in a cGMP-authorized production facility. Their hemp is forever non-GMO, and they are dedicated to complete traceability, transparency, and testing to assure the safety and efficacy of their products.
Are you looking to include an ounce of wellness in your regimen? Cibadol’s CBD Tinctures comprise CO2 drawn full-spectrum hemp oil, MCT oil, and non-GMO sunflower lecithin to enhance bioavailability and absorption, offering a consistent, top-quality CBD experience each time. Put a few drops below your tongue, allow the tincture to permeate for some time, and then swallow it.
Cibadol’s range of CBD Tinctures includes Cibadol ZERO – THC FREE CBD Tinctures (900mg), Cibadol ZERO – Broad-Spectrum Vanilla CBD Tincture (1800mg), and Cibadol – Full-Spectrum CBD Tinctures (900mg), to name a few.
Final Thoughts On CBD For Diarrhea
CBD is a potential remedy for diarrhea due to its professed features. Different studies have revealed that CBD can relieve abdominal pain and diarrhea, prevalent in inflammatory bowel diseases.
Nevertheless, the majority of the clinical examinations on the effectiveness of CBD in treating digestive ailments were performed on animals. In addition, a few studies on human participants have been conducted, though the findings are inconclusive.
The FDA identifies the potential therapeutic uses of CBD and backs scientific-related research on the phytocannabinoid. However, further studies and clinical examinations on humans are needed to understand if CBD can truly alleviate symptoms of diarrhea.
As with all medication, concerned CBD users should discuss with a doctor to prevent complications.