(Hypertension) high blood pressure is a typical condition wherein the common condition in which the long-term force of the blood against your artery walls is high enough that it may eventually cause health issues such as heart disease. Cannabidiol (CBD) is a natural compound that may help reduce some factors responsible for high blood pressure such as stress, anxiety, and poor sleep quality.
Blood Pressure is determined both by the measure of blood your heart pumps and the amount of resistance to blood flow in your arteries. The more blood your heart pumps, the narrower your arteries, the higher your circulatory strain. A blood pressure reading is given in millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). It has two numbers.
Top number (systolic pressure): The first, or upper, number measures the pressure in your arteries when your heart beats
Bottom Number (diastolic pressure): The second, or lower, number measures the pressure in your arteries between beats
You can have high blood pressure for years without any symptoms. Uncontrolled high blood pressure increases your risk of serious health issues, including heart attack and stroke. Fortunately, high blood pressure can be easily detected. Furthermore, when you realize you have high blood pressure, you can work with your doctor to control it.
Given below are the different causes of hypertension:
Primary (Essential) Hypertension
For most adults, there’s no recognizable reason for hypertension. This sort of hypertension, called primary(essential) hypertension, will in general grow bit by bit over numerous years.
This type of hypertension, called secondary hypertension, will in general show up unexpectedly and cause more severe hypertension as compared to primary hypertension. Different conditions and meds can prompt secondary hypertension, including:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Kidney Disease
- Adrenal Gland Tumors
- Thyroid issues
- Certain imperfections you’re born with (congenital) in blood vessels
- Certain medications, for example, such as birth control pills, cold remedies, decongestants, over-the-counter pain relievers and some prescribed drugs
- Illegal drugs, like cocaine and amphetamines
Hypertension is generally a silent condition. Many people won’t experience any symptoms. It might require years or even a very long time for the condition to arrive at levels severe enough till the symptoms become obvious. Even then, at the end of the day, these symptoms may be attributed to other issues.
Symptoms of severe hypertension include:
- Shortness of Breath
- Chest Pain
- Visual Changes
- Blood in the Urine
Diagnosing High Blood Pressure
In the event that your blood pressure is elevated, your doctor may request you to have more readings over the course of a few days or weeks. Hypertension is diagnosed after just one reading in rare cases. Your doctor needs to see proof of a sustained issue. That’s because your environment can contribute to increased blood pressure for example, the stress you may feel by being at the doctor’s office. Additionally, blood pressure levels change throughout the day.
On the off chance that your blood pressure remains high, your doctor will conduct more tests to rule out underlying conditions. These tests can include:
- Urine Test
- Cholesterol Screening and Other Blood Tests
- Ultrasound of your heart or kidneys
- Test of your heart activity with an Electrocardiogram (ECG)
Alternative Methods For Lowering Blood Pressure
Given below are the alternative methods which can be used for lowering blood pressure:
- Exercising Regularly: The American Heart Association (AHA) states that regular physical activity may help control hypertension and strengthen the heart.
- Learning to Deal With Stress: Although scientists are still examining the connection between stress and hypertension, the AHA noticed that individuals who experience stress may be more likely to have a less healthy diet and drink more liquor. These dietary factors can increase the risk of high blood pressure.
- Losing Weight, If Possible: A 2016 study found that individuals with increased weight may have an increased risk of hypertension.
- Eating Dark Chocolate: A 2017 systematic review recommended that eating dark chocolate may cause a small, short-term decrease in a healthy adult’s pressure. Be that as it may, scientists need to conduct more studies to investigate this link.
- Reducing Sodium Intake: A 2019 study linked a higher salt intake with hypertension and heart disease. Individuals may wish to check nutritional labels for sodium content before consuming a product
CBD For High Blood Pressure
A 2020 study found that CBD may have vasodilatory effects in human and rat arteries. The authors suggest that CBD may improve an individual’s blood flow, as it widens their blood vessels.
Additionally, a 2017 study looked at the impacts of a single dose of CBD oil in healthy participants. The authors found that it lowered blood pressure in people who were at rest and those under stress. As per the American Institute of Stress, stress may cause blood pressure to rise. This is because of the heart pumping faster and stress hormones constricting the blood vessels. However, researchers need to conduct more studies to decide the impact of CBD on cardiovascular conditions.
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) does not usually cause any symptoms. An individual probably won’t realize that they have it unless they receive a diagnosis of it. There are different medical treatments available. There is also evidence to propose that products containing CBD may help in treating high blood pressure.